Monday 29 July 2013

Not a Top Knot

I've come to realise that I have become too reliant on a Top Knot. It's like an old friend to me. After chopping my hair off earlier this year with a superb cut by Nic Davis it has since grown out to its current length.

I have to confess that for a hair lover I am not a very good example when it comes to regular hair cuts. My hair cuts depend on how I want my hair, either short (just above the shoulders short, not pixie crop short) or long. It's as simple as that. As I don't use heat regularly my locks tends to stay in decent shape for a while. BUT Nic would argue and say I'm useless and should keep my hair short as that's what suits me. But we don't always listen to those that know best do we?

I now feel like I have a uniform. Black specs and a high bun. How very original!!  It's gotten so bad that I've even found that with my hair down and specs off, clients of 3 years will miss me in the bar as they don't recognize me. I feel abnormal and not "me" if my hair is down. Even as I write I realize its definitely time to change. I need to push myself out of my comfort zone.

So that's my challenge, to venture away from the norm and mix up my daily hairstyles. Not to say the knot won't make an appearance but it shouldn't be EVERY day. I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment