Sunday 4 August 2013

Not a Garland Wearer







Glasto, Wireless, Ocean Beach Club, Bora Bora. What do all these places have in common in 2013? The flower garland.

They used to be seen on whimsy girls with full maxi skirts and hairy armpits but not now. Ibiza's finest party girls have adopted this trend, bought it to the mainstream and they are everywhere. You can't move in a beer tent at a festival this summer without an artificial flower tickling your nostril. But I've surprised myself and I have to admit, I love them!

I've borrowed my good friend Rachel for this post. In a past life I'm sure Rachel was a hippy so she was the natural choice. Long, thick, gorgeous auburn hair is a bonus. I've given Rachel some boho curls and persuaded her to try a few different garlands for my very own styling pleasure.

Now I really am not your typical flower garland wearer, as I think it takes some balls and a "I don't care if you stare" attitude but I'm thinking that I one of these beauties might make it into my suitcase for Ibiza. Whether I wear it or not is a different story!
 The Studded One - H&M - £3.99

The Natural One - H&M - £3.99

The Angelic One - H&M - £6.99

The Girly One - Forever21 - £4.90

You can pick up flower garlands on Ebay for pennies, a lot of them ship from overseas so can take a while to come but prices start at £1.65 and include shipping!  

If you've tried a garland send me a pic! notahairdresser@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. i loved the picturs, really cute!
    and i love flower garlands, but i dont think they would fit me nicely...
    hahaha
    loved ur blog, check out mine!
    http://randommonchi.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! love this!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh such beautiful looks, love the headbands!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they! I just wish I could pull off this look so well. Thanks for visiting x

      Delete