Tuesday 20 August 2013

Not Quite What I Had Expected





After a couple of episodes of re-colouring my hair the same purple tone I had done at Bleach, I thought it was time to mix it up a bit and try a new colour.

I still want to keep within a certain spectrum so I decided pink was a good next step. The choice was between another pastel shade, or something a little more hard hitting.

I went for Pinkissimo (Crazy Colour). The hard hitting option.

After shampooing, I took the time to make sure every strand was covered. Previously I was a little slap dash which meant my ends were quite hit and miss. It looks quite nice in a way but I was being more careful on this occasion. I did each side of my head in two halves, top and bottom.

For maximum effect I left the semi-perm colour on for 30 minutes before rinsing. I knew even as I rinsed that this colour was going to be BRIGHT! Part of me was willing more colour to come out as I rinsed but no, it was hanging on for dear life.

After a quick blow dry I could see that Pinkissmo really meant big time pink colour. Initial thoughts weren't great. I felt like a goth with a bad dye job. Not cool.

However, a sleep and a straighten later and the final product is not as bad as I thought. It'd grown on me and I'm thinking that in 2/3 washes, I'm going to have a gorgeous pastel pink. I'm quite looking forward to it!

Will let you know how the fade looks.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment