Tuesday 6 August 2013

Not sporting dry ends

So whilst bleaching my hair might look amazing (in my humble opinion), it has it's downsides. Having only ever gone as far as bleaching my hair an orangey hue with my DIY dip-dye last year, I've never truly known the feeling of straw-like, knotty, dry hair until now. Once the salon blow dry had expired and it came time for me to have a go I noticed just how much my hair has changed. The texture is almost unrecognisable. It's an obvious outcome, but still a shock for a true brunette. I knew I had to take action.

Luckily for me I'd been recommended hair oil by Brad at Bleach London (bradbaker) for combatting the dryness associated with bleaching. He actually used Bumble and Bumble Hair Oil on my locks before my blow dry, but at £25.50 I wasn't quite prepared to splash out when I knew there must be alternatives. Cue some serious hair oil research. I checked out top ten recommendations from Elle UK, Cosmo, several Beauty and Hair Bloggers and each list was different. There was, however, one product that kept making an appearance. The "cult" Organix Morrocon Argan Oil. At £6.99 it had to be worth a try, so I popped to Superdrug on my lunch break and found it there for just £4.99 (£2 off offer! result!).

The instructions say to apply a small amount to towel dried hair. My blob was no bigger than a pea and was plenty enough, another bit of good news as it means it will last for months. I can't recommend this product enough for anyone who is suffering from the effects of too much sun, bleaching or just some split ends. It's practically a miracle, and at the price there's really no wonder it has such a dedicated fan base.

No comments:

Post a Comment