Monday 9 September 2013

Not Going Out in This Weather




Today has definitely felt like the beginning of Winter. It's been consistently drizzling since this morning and is quite frankly already getting on my tits. I hate the way it messes up your hair, the way it makes your feet soggy and the fact you have to hold an umbrella whilst trying to text/instagram/facebook.

So when I finally got to my desk after a morning long meeting I was loathe to go back outside. I couldn't bare the idea of the 5 minute walk around the square to Marks and Spencers. Not laziness, just a very strong objection to getting wet. So I googled "food delivery Kensington" to no avail. And then I had a true light bulb moment. I remember Potage. I don't know where I even found out about it, but I'd had the homepage bookmarked on my computer for months.

Homemade food, delivered to your desk for £6.50. What's not to love. The Evening Standard got it right when it descirbed Potage as "the real hearty deal". I couldn't agree more. My All American Mac and Cheese with Bacon was filling, tasty and sizable. Enough to fill me up for lunch and make me think a light dinner will suffice this evening. Admittedly I didn't go for the healthiest option on the menu, if I was being good I would have gone for the Raw Autumn Veg Pot, don't judge me.

The Menu changes daily, and this weeks selection includes Chilli Con Carne, Irish Stew and Thai Green Curry to name a few. Not realistic to spend £6.50 a day on lunch for me, but singles looking for a nice homemade dinner for one will be delighted with this.

The lovely Georgia hand delivered my Pot within about 20 minutes of ordering, and even let me off the £2.50 delivery charge that comes with orders under £15.00 (first time order!).  A nice touch that endhered me to the whole idea even more. I know that I'll be ordering again, and hopefully my colleagues will have a go to. There will be inevitable late nights in this office over the coming winter months and I know I'd rather have a Potage than a microwave meal from M&S.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment