Tuesday 3 September 2013

Not the Simplest Braid



When you have a beautifully simple dress, you can let your hairstyle be your best accessory. This was the case for my lovely friend Zoe when she attending a wedding this weekend.

It was the first time I'd been asked to do a Dutch Crown Braid, but I was confident that I could deliver, so I factored in enough time for a trial run and then plaited and pulled my way around Zoe's head to achieve this lovely final product.

It's a braid that looks at its best, slightly relaxed and not too "Done". You want to stay away from looking like a complete Milk Maid. 

You can achieve this look with any hair really, even if you're hair is thin there are ways to make it look fuller. Hair that comes to your shoulder or just above is long enough to achieve the entire braid. Zoe has fine hair but loads of it.

It's key that the hair isn't too silky and smooth, so day old hair is better than freshly washed.

I am so keen to try this braid again so if you have an occasion coming up and want to book in, just let me know.

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments: