Friday 4 October 2013

Hair Challenge - Day 4




It's braids again, and this time two reverse french braids with a center parting. Gwen Stefani inspired, this style is quite youthful and makes me feel very young. Pigtails just do don't they!

This hair style is one for Jackie (my Mum). When I was in primary school, my mum sat me down every morning and braided two french plaits for me, just like I have today. At the time I was not a fan of this ritual and there were tears-a-plenty some days. Today though, I managed not to make myself cry. Mum absolutely loved it when I showed her how my hair was today, which was cute.

This style is quite a statement and I definitely felt a few inquisitive looks on the train today, not sure if they were good or bad looks but I could definitely feel people double-taking.

Again, this one has surprised me and I quite like it, and I may just wear it again. I think with the right outfit and some red lipstick it could look really cool even for a night out. My hair isn't very thick so my plaits are fairly tiny, but with thick locks this style would look amazing! Someone let me have a go?!!?

Anyway, so far I think we have our winner of the Hair Challenge.

If you think I should carry on the Hair Challenge, let me know. I'd like to hear if anyone thought it was a good experiment and if you've been inspired to try something new. I highly recommend it if you're thinking about it.

More good work by Toni of Etta's Corner with the pics x 

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Well I have read it every single day... Love! Just wish I was better at braids.

    ReplyDelete