Saturday 27 July 2013

Not For The Faint Hearted

So I took the plunge and I bleached. Elle told me I was too old when I told her my plans weeks ago, but I went ahead anyway knowing both Elle and my mum would probably not approve.

 I went to the only place it would be acceptable for a Virgin Bleacher to go - Bleach London @ Topshop.

I was put into the capable hands of Brad Baker, who talked me through the best types of dip dye, the best blondes, the best techniques and the best colours. I didn't for one second feel worried or nervous, I knew I was going to like the end product. The fact Brad had been responsible for Rihanna's brand new grey do the week before made me feel pretty smug.

After 3 hours of developing the bleach, chatting and mixing the perfect lilac/lavender colour I was done and I couldn't have been happier. I know the colour wont last long but I've been assured I can DIY and try all sorts of shades/tones at my leisure. But for now, I'm going to enjoy my new look and get used to saying the sentence "yes, its purple".

No comments:

Post a Comment